Match report for Alfreton Town vs Brackley Town

Posted by: Belinda Hargreaves

Mon 27th November 2023

Reds slip to home defeat after poor display as winless run extends to five matches

Alfreton Town 0-1 Brackley Town

Here is the latest match report from Alfreton Football Club. It is from the Alfreton Town vs Brackley Town match on Saturday, November 25. Both the report and photo are from the Alfreton Football Club’s website, with the match report by Vaughan Creer:

Alfreton Town fell to defeat against visitors Brackley, who clung on to their opening goal until the very end, defending admirably to protect their lead from a Reds side that battled hard for an equalising goal.
The first half saw few chances exchanged between both sides, with Alfreton coming closest to breaking the deadlock, firstly through Shaun Brisley and later via Joe Stacey signed from Guisley AFC on the morning of the game.
Captain Brisley had a delivery fall to his feet at the back-post, which he was unable to direct on target, before debutant Stacey had an effort from outside the area which narrowly trickled past the upright.
Brackley’s only real chance came on the brink of the interval, as Morgan Roberts found himself in behind, though the former Northampton man’s attempted lob sailed over the crossbar.
The visitors came out on top in the second half, with their pressure telling on fifty-five minutes, as they took the lead through Gareth Dean, who found himself in the right place at the right time to turn the ball in from close range following a ricochet in the area.
Toward the latter stages of the match, with Ofton searching for a leveller, the momentum began to shift, with Jake Day’s physical presence in the frontline proving a problem for the away defence.
On eighty minutes, the lively Dylan Motley-Henry felt he was tripped inside the box, but despite strong appeals from the home team and supporters, the referee waved away any protests.
With not long to go, substitute Day latched on to a headed pass from his strike-partner Ryan Taylor, however he was unable to keep the shot down, and fired off-target.
Alfreton pressed hard for an equaliser, but it wasn’t to be, having to settle for a fourth winless game at the Impact, looking ahead to the FA Cup 2nd Round match against Walsall.

ALFRETON: Willis, Lund, Wiley, Cantrill, Brisley(c), Perritt, Fewster (Day 57), Newall, Taylor, Mottley Henry, Stacey (Waldock 89)
other subs: Clackstone, Digie, Askew
Attendance 375

For more information about Alfreton Football Club, go to here