Posted by: Jacqueline Rodgers
Mon 24th April 2023
Our Academy is sponsored by the Christopher Nieper Education Trust, together with local employer partners, who are highly committed in supporting the development and achievements of our students.
With an innovative approach to teaching, hands-on learning and brand-new purpose-built facilities, which opened in February 2017, we believe that this is a truly exciting time to join the academy. We are a growing school now of 780 students 11-18 and will soon be at our full capacity of 850 students 11-18.
Our September 2022 Ofsted Inspection graded the academy as ‘Good in all areas’, a fantastic improvement from the ‘inadequate’ Ofsted rating when we took over the academy – and we endeavour to build on this as we grow and develop further. We are currently the only academy within the Trust and will be joined by at least one additional Primary school in the very near future with plans in place for further growth over the next few years.
Our aim is to raise standards, expectations, inspire excellence and to encourage students to achieve their full potential. We will help them develop confidence and key lifelong learning skills and to obtain the qualifications required as they look to future careers and explore the many opportunities in further education, apprenticeships, university and beyond.
The David Nieper Academy has a clear distinctive character due to the integrated involvement of its prestigious business partners. High profile local businesses, most being either international or national household names such as Denby Pottery, Owen Taylor & Sons Ltd, Bowmer & Kirkland, Places for People, Equip UK alongside David Nieper Ltd, are committed to bringing the world of work and 21st Century employment practices into every classroom.
Practical contextual applied learning has been proven to assist all students in retaining and understanding more fully the concepts and principles taught in the classroom. We are looking for a candidate who will embrace this approach and ensure that David Nieper Academy is adopting this approach through its world class learning pedagogies.
If you like the sound of the academy and are keen to be instrumental in its future success, then we would like to hear from you and look forward to receiving your application by 9.30am Tuesday 9th May. Interviews to be week beginning 15th May 2023.
If you have any queries please contact Mrs Jacqueline Rodgers, HR Manager, via email at email@example.com
Dr Kathryn Hobbs
David Nieper Academy, Grange Street, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7JA
Age Range – 11-18
37.5 Hours / 39 Weeks per year
8am – 4pm Monday to Thursday (30-minute lunch break), 8am – 3.30pm Friday
Half an hour per week for homework club
(Term-time only plus five INSET days)
Responsible to SENCO
Start: September 2023 or earlier by mutual agreement
Salary: Grade 5 £21,189- £21,575 FTE
Do you want to support our students onto greater things? Are you excited by the opportunities and possibilities for students available through applied learning and working in partnership with local employers?
The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed academy in Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand-new school building was opened in early 2017 with the Sixth Form Centre in September 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across year groups. This year we have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key driver in enhancing the academic and social achievement of our students.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who has the determination and drive to become an outstanding practitioner.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
It is an offence to apply for this role if an applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Please follow the below link to view the David Nieper Education Trust Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy: https://davidnieper.academy/about-us/academy-policies/
Job Description: Teaching Assistant
• To communicate effectively with the public and wider community and provide effective support for teaching staff and pupils.
• To promote and support the implementation of the academy aims, policies and values, including the Academy commitment to Equalities.
• To work flexibly as part of the support staff team to contribute to the smooth operation of the school.
• To use the academy computer hardware and software packages where appropriate.
• Candidates should indicate an acceptance of, and a commitment to, the Academy’s policies in relation to equality and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• Ensure the health, safety and welfare of students is maintained at all times.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom and academy.
• Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other relevant professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support students learning and progress.
• Motivate students to complete tasks set by the class teacher and encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure all students are engaged on the set task.
• Respond to any questions from students about process and procedures.
• Preparing the classroom for lessons, tidying up and keeping the classroom in good order
• Creating displays of pupils’ work
• Undertake any administrative duties as required.
• To assist and support staff and students in the classroom or in the Base as directed. This will provide support for students as directed by the SENCO/Assistant SENCO.
• To provide support for teachers in delivering intervention strategies (eg. numeracy/literacy/SEN) as required.
• To supervise lunchtime activities on a rota basis
• To plan, deliver and review intervention groups, homework club and extracurricular clubs
• Accompany teaching staff and students on educational visits
• To attend faculty meetings
• To support with all whole academy and faculty events as required
• Any other duties reasonable, as requested by line manager or Headteacher
• Ongoing training, support and mentoring will be provided
• Free access to Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Free onsite Parking
• Generous discount at the David Nieper Ltd factory shop
Job Criteria: Essential Desirable
Skills • Ability to promote and maintain order and a calm working environment for students
• Ability to motivate students.
• Ability to work at own initiative, and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a flexible and responsive way with tact, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to relate well to children and adults.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Competency in numeracy and literacy.
• Excellent communication skills. • Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning.
• Ability to support the processes and procedures for students’ learning.
Knowledge • Awareness of SEND needs
• Awareness of confidentiality issues linked to home/student/teacher/school work. • Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes.
• Knowledge of a range of strategies to promote good behaviour.
• Awareness of the statutory frameworks relevant to their role.
• Awareness of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, equal opportunities, confidentiality and data protection and of other relevant legislation.
Experience • Experience working with children, young people.
• Administrative duties. • Experience of working with pupils with SEND
Qualifications • 5 GCE, GCSE pass or equivalent of NVQ Level 2 including Maths/numeracy and English/literacy. • Appropriate first aid training.
• A level/Level 3 qualification.
• Higher level qualification
Method of Application
1. We will only accept applications on the David Nieper Academy application form. Curriculum Vitae will not be accepted.
2. The statement in your application should focus on:
Candidate’s previous experience which will help in successfully undertaking the role of Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Personal skills to benefit the learning by students at the David Nieper Academy.
3. For any queries or if you would like to visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Completed application forms to be returned via email for the attention of Mrs Jacqueline Rodgers, HR Manager, via email at email@example.com
5. The school operates a NO SMOKING policy on site.
6. Interviews – Candidates invited to interview will:
(a) Have the opportunity to tour the school
(b) Complete a classroom based activity with pupils
(c) Complete an In-tray exercise
(d) Have a formal individual interview with the selection panel.
Share your news updates, job vacancies and event listings on the Spirit of Alfreton for free via Tell Us Your News.
Drive to recruit 500 reservists to support NHS and social care in Derbyshire
AVBC planning board to discuss huge Somercotes housing development
Alfreton Town FC Newsletter - 18/9/2023
Fit 3:16 owner unveils plans for free fitness-themed youth group in Alfreton